Tuesday, February 5, 2013
About Me
I started to fall in love with fashion when I realized it was a form of expression. Fashion became an outlet for me, and I took full advantage of the benefits. Creating my fashion sense has been a long and slow process for me, but nonetheless an adventure that I've enjoyed. In grade school my mother signed me up for sewing classes. I hated them. It was incredibly frustrating for me, and at the time, I preferred to play with the woman's terrier dogs than learn how to sew from her. However, being able to show the clothes that I made gave me a sense of pride. I remember being so happy when people's faces lit up when looking at the articles that I would bring to show-and-tell. As time went on, clothes became more important. I started to notice what the so-called cool kids were wearing, what people were wearing in magazines and on TV, and slowly I began to categorize people based on what they wore. I started to play with different ideas, but mostly I conformed to what was popular. I didn't dare become bold or original until my high school days. But after gaining that confidence, I pushed as many boundaries as I could. Fashion as a creative outlet has helped develop me as a person, and although my style has become more conservative since then, I still enjoy setting trends as opposed to following them. I hope to continue to push boundaries, although perhaps it will be in different ways that are not exactly so prominent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment