Neck ties have been worn by men for
centuries. Roman soldiers use to wear them in order to identity themselves to
certain groups. These scarves eventually transformed into cravats, which turned
into neck cloths, bandannas, bow ties, ascots, and finally, the long tie. The
industrial revolution motivated men to find a neck accessory that was easy to
put on, tie, and would remain on and tied throughout the work day. The long
neck tie became the norm for men, and remains so to this day. There are many
different types of neck ties but even more ways to tie them. For example, the
four-in-hand knot, grantchester knot, half-windsor, Windsor, pratt, and small
knot are a few ways. I prefer a Windsor knot myself – I like the symmetry and
neatness of the look. Seeing a well dressed man in a Windsor – forget about it!
However, choosing the right neck tie is paramount. The right necktie can
compliment and enhance, the wrong one can draw attention in a bad way.
Over the years width and length of
ties have changed, as do all trends. In the 60s, ties became extremely thin. I
think that this also relates to the length of womens’ hems on skirts and
dresses. Which I have found is usually relative to the economy. As the economy
becomes stronger, hem lengths usually become longer. My real question is why
women do not wear the same accessory? You would have thought that after “Anne
Hall,” the trend of women wearing ties would still be in. It’s a shame because
I think that the look can be quite adorable on women. I’ve got a few neck ties
of my own, but my life has been leaning more and more towards the professional
side of business and wearing them gives people a bad impression. –But the look
may just be too tempting for me to resist!
http://www.beautiesltd.com/category/neck-ties
http://amanincharge.wordpress.com/tag/necktie/
http://alexandraschorndorf.wordpress.com/2012/01/11/women-wearing-ties/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/never-never-land/galleries/72157632179294039/
http://www.beautiesltd.com/category/neck-ties
http://amanincharge.wordpress.com/tag/necktie/
http://alexandraschorndorf.wordpress.com/2012/01/11/women-wearing-ties/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/never-never-land/galleries/72157632179294039/
No comments:
Post a Comment